The Pathways Program is a mental health court that was established in 2006 and is a collaborative effort among different County departments including the San Mateo County Court, Probation Department, the District Attorneys Office, the Private Defender Program, the Sheriff's Office, Correctional Health, and Behavioral Health and Recovery Services.
The goal of the Pathways Program is to avoid incarceration for seriously mentally ill individuals who have significant impairments and help them to live more successfully in the community. Applicants who are eligible are admitted after they enter a guilty or no contest plea, but prior to sentencing on their charges.
Program eligibility criteria include:
- Statutorily eligibility for probation
- Resident of San Mateo County
- Axis I diagnosis of a serious mental illness diagnosis that is not substance induced and significantly impairs their ability to function
- Voluntarily agree to participate in the Pathways Program
Coordinated and Supervised Treatment, Recovery, and Behavior Programs
- Treatment plan and medication services
- Housing plan and supportive services
- Employment, education or community services support
- Dual diagnosis treatment and recovery support
- Psycho-educational/recovery services
- Case management services (including assistance linking clients to health care)
- Peer support/mentoring services
- Family support services
- Pro-social activities and events
Anyone can make a referral to the Pathways Program. If you would like to make a referral you can complete the referral form below and mail it to Adult Probation, 400 County Center, 5th Floor, Redwood City, CA 94063, ATTN: Pathways, or fax it to (650) 363-4829 ATTN: Pathways. You can also call 650-363-4244 and ask to speak with someone in the Pathways Unit.
|Psychiatric Emergency Services||650-573-2662|
|StarVista 24-hour Crisis Line||650-579-0350|
|StarVista 24-hour Alcohol & Drug Helpline||650-573-3950|
|StarVista 24-hour Parent Support Line||650-579-0358|
|ACCESS/Dual Diagnosis Tram||800-686-0101|
|Consumer Self Help Program||650-343-8760|
|Patient's Rights Advocates||800-497-1889|
|National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)||650-638-0800|
|California State Department of Mental Health||916-322-7445|
|Community Information Program||cip.plsinfo.org|
|Disabilities Benefits 101||www.db101.org|
|Network of Care||sanmateo.networkofcare.org|
|Disability Rights California||www.disabilityrightsca.org|
|United Advocates for Children and Families||www.uacf4hope.org|
If you have questions about a court case, contact the San Mateo County Courts.
If you want to know which Deputy Probation Officer is assigned to your adult case, call (650) 363-4244.