Computer Assisted Supervision
The CAST Unit supervises our banked caseloads and includes eight Deputy Probation Officers, three office support personnel and a supervisor. The CAST Unit supervises approximately 3600 cases comprised of misdemeanor and felony adult offenders. The CAST Unit is designed as the "relief valve" for the rest of adult supervision Deputy Probation Officers who handle a selected number of Intensive cases. CAST Deputy Probation Officers provide all supervision services except for court investigation reports, which are referred back to the Investigation Units.
CAST Supervision services include:
- Orienting defendants to the conditions of probation
- Setting initial probation plans to effect successful completion of the conditions
- Counseling defendants
- Enforcing court orders
- Referring defendants to employment and counseling services
- Responding to emergency situations
- Investigating, writing and filing probation violation affidavits
- Responding to Court for conferences and hearings
Probationers are assigned to and supervised by a Deputy Probation Officer based on their last name.